One in 16 people in the US will be diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime. That’s more than 228,000 people in the US that will be diagnosed this year. You don’t even have to be a smoker. Over 60% of all new lung cancer diagnoses are among people who have never smoked or are former smokers. Lung cancer can affect anyone, regardless of gender or ethnicity.1-5
Only 21% of all people diagnosed with lung cancer will survive 5 years or more, BUT, if it is caught before it spreads, the chance for 5-year survival improves dramatically.1
For more information about Lung Cancer, please visit LUNGevity Foundation
As your trusted lab partner, we are here to provide you with many options for lung cancer diagnostic and predictive testing to help guide patient management including:
- Resolution ctDx-Lung Assay™ (Liquid Biopsy)
- OmniSeq Comprehensive® Assay
- OmniSeq Advance® Assay
- PD-L1 by IHC, 22C3, Keytruda®
- PD-L1 by IHC, Opdivo®
- PD-L1 by IHC, Tecentriq®
- EGFR Mutation Analysis
- KRAS Mutation Analysis (NSCLC)
- BRAF Gene Mutation Analysis
- ALK Gene Rearrangements
- ROS1 and RET Gene Rearrangements
- c-MET ( FISH)
1. Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, Miller D, Bresi A, Yu M, Ruhl J, Tatalovich Z, Mariotto A, Lewis DR, Chen HS, Feuer EJ, Cronin KA (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2017, National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD, http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2017, based on November 2019 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER website, April 2020.
2. Burns, DM. Primary prevention, smoking, and smoking cessation: Implications for future trends in lung cancer prevention. Cancer, 2000; 89:2506-2509.
3. Thun, MJ, et al. Lung Cancer Occurrence in Never-Smokers: An Analysis of 13 Cohorts and 22 Cancer Registry Studies. PLOS Medicine, 2008: 5(9):e185. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.0050185.
4. Satcher D, Thompson TG, Kaplan, JP. Women and Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Nicotine Tob Res, 2002; 4(1): 7-20.
5. Park ER, et al. A snapshot of smokers after lung and colorectal cancer diagnosis. Cancer, 2012; 12:3153-3164. doi:02/cncr.26545; http://oninelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cncr.26545/abstract.